Federation University Australia
Why the Federation University Australia?
Our long-lasting history
- Federation University Australia (Fed Uni) is a public, dual-sector university based in Ballarat in Victoria, Australia. The university also has campuses in Ararat, Horsham, Stawell, Churchill, Berwick, and Brisbane, online technical and further education (TAFE) courses, and Horsham’s Higher Education Nursing program.
- Federation University is the fourth oldest tertiary education institution in Australia, beginning under predecessor institutions in 1870, during the Victorian gold rush. The merger between the University of Ballarat and Monash University’s Gippsland campus in 2013 changed its name to Federation University in 2014.
Researchers – academics and post-graduate students – undertake work within various centres and disciplines. The research priority areas of the university are information forensics and security, transformative and preventative health, dynamic landscapes, history and heritage, and improving policy and practice in VET. The research centres are:
- Australian Retirement Research Institute (ARRI)
- Centre for Biopsychosocial and eHealth Research and Innovation (CBeRI)
- Centre for eResearch and Digital Innovation (CeRDI)
- Centre for Gippsland Studies (CGS)
- Centre for Informatics and Applied Optimisation (CIAO)
- Centre for Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Artificial Intelligence Research (MCCAIR)
- Collaborative Research Centre in Australian History (CRCAH)
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Engineering Research Group (GHERG)
- Researching Adult and Vocational Education (RAVE)
- Water Research Network
- Visiting Friends and Relatives Research
There are also research facilities at Ballarat Technology Park, the Gippsland Enterprise Centre and Nanya Station in rural NSW.
Let’s explore our campus!
- Humanities and social sciences
- Science and mathematics
- Education and early childhood
- Nursing, midwifery and paramedicine
- Performing arts
- Visual arts
- Information technology
- Occupational health and safety
- Sport, outdoor and physical education
- University Drive, Mt Helen: Located 10 kilometres from the Ballarat city centre, the Mt Helen Campus offers both TAFE and higher education study options. It is set on 110 hectares of parkland and natural bushland surroundings. More than 4,500 students study on campus in state-of-the-art facilities, including specialist equipment essential to modern teaching and learning.
- Lydiard Street South, Ballarat: Situated in the centre of Ballarat, the SMB Campus features historic buildings dating back to 1870. The focus at the SMB Campus is TAFE vocational education, apprenticeships, skills training and preparatory courses. The SMB Campus houses state-of-the-art engineering and construction facilities as well as new classrooms and computer labs.
- Camp Street, Ballarat: You will find our Camp Street Campus in the heart of Ballarat. As the home of our famous Arts Academy, programs on offer include both VET and higher education levels. The campus is a unique integration of both old and new buildings which provides for dynamic and vibrant arts and cultural environment. Our Helen Macpherson Smith Theatre showcases the work of our performing arts students, as well as the Post Office Gallery for visual arts.
- Gippsland Campus (Churchill) – Northways Road, Churchill: Located in the town of Churchill, just two hours from Melbourne our Gippsland Campus provides higher education study options in a vibrant and engaging setting. It features modern architecture inside and out on 60 hectares of stunning grounds. Science, nursing, and midwifery labs have the very latest equipment and the leisure centre, golf course, art gallery, bistro and function areas provide a range of recreational opportunities.
- Wimmera Campus – 289 Baillie Street, Horsham: You can access undergraduate, postgraduate and research level study in education, nursing and business in Horsham. The campus features modern and specialised training facilities, a fully functional hairdressing salon, industry-standard plumbing, automotive and building and construction workshops. The campus also houses art and design, and nursing training facilities and computer training rooms.
- Berwick – 72-100 Clyde Road, Berwick: The campus is located about 40km southeast of the Melbourne CBD. It is only a five-minute walk from the Berwick Station on the metropolitan Pakenham train line, and adjacent to the Princes Freeway. The multi-level complex of modern architecturally designed buildings is surrounded by spacious grounds with landscaped gardens and internal courtyards. It is also close to many facilities available at the attractive Berwick Village Centre.
- Level 5-7, 333 Ann St, Brisbane: International students will feel at home whilst studying abroad in Brisbane, one of the top-ranked lifestyle cities in the world. With its beautiful subtropical weather, the city enjoys year-round outdoor activities.
- Gillies St (Ballarat) – Cnr Gillies St and Gregory St, Lake Wendouree: Situated alongside the Ballarat Botanical Gardens the Gillies St campus focuses on TAFE vocational education, apprenticeships and skills training. The Gillies St campus houses food and rural sciences programs covering horticulture, conservation land management, parks and gardens, landscape construction, food processing and agriculture.
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more