University of Western Australia
Why the University of Western Australia?
At a glance
- The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. The university’s main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.
- UWA was established in 1911 by the Parliament of Western Australia and began teaching students two years later. It is the sixth-oldest university in Australia and was Western Australia’s only university until the establishment of Murdoch University in 1973. Because of its age and reputation, UWA is classed as one of the “sandstone universities”, an informal designation is given to the oldest university in each state. The university also belongs to several more formal groupings, including the Group of Eight and the Matariki Network of Universities. In recent years, UWA has generally been ranked either in the bottom half or just outside the world’s top 100 universities, depending on the system used.
- Alumni of UWA include one Prime Minister of Australia (Bob Hawke), five Justices of the High Court of Australia (including one Chief Justice, Robert French, now Chancellor), one Governor of the Reserve Bank (H. C. Coombs), various federal cabinet ministers, and seven of Western Australia’s eight most recent premiers. In 2018 alumnus mathematician Akshay Venkatesh was a recipient of the Fields Medal. In 2014, the university produced its 100th Rhodes Scholar. Two members of the UWA faculty, Barry Marshall and Robin Warren won Nobel Prizes due to research at the university.
The reasons to choose the University of
- A UWA education sets you up for a career with infinite potential: Our experience-rich curriculum and global networks will prepare you for the ever-changing world outside your degree. By working alongside industry partners on real challenges, and taking on networking opportunities, work placements and internships, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge and connections to kick start your dream career.
- Learning and teaching: The UWA study environment is built around experience-rich learning. You’ll take your studies beyond the books, out into the field, into the real world, and develop the practical skills and experiences you need to not only succeed, but thrive.
- Our spaces: Our student-centric learning spaces are all designed to enhance your skill development and job preparation. You’ll use facilities that enhance your experiential learning and provide you with collaborative, practical opportunities in your field of study.
Let’s explore the campus!
Our distinctive mix of heritage architecture and contemporary buildings contain state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, lecture and performance theatres, tutorial spaces, studios and subject-specific laboratories, creating the perfect learning environment alongside the workplace settings of our many business and industry partners.
Pathways to the University of
- School leavers
- Non-school leavers
- Career advisers and teachers
- Parents and guardians
- Postgraduate coursework
- Higher degrees by research
- Professional development and short courses
- International students
- Agricultural, Environmental and Biological Sciences
- Architecture, Design and Planning
- Business and Commerce
- Data and Computer Science
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Music and Fine Arts
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
35 Stirling Highway, Perth WA 6009 Australia
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more