Victoria University, Melbourne
Why the Victoria University, Melbourne?
At a glance
- Victoria University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia.
- It achieved university status in 1991, but the preceding institutions date back to 1916.
- It is one of Australia’s few dual-sector universities. This means that students are able to move between vocational education to higher education – such as from a certificate or diploma course through to an undergraduate degree or even a postgraduate qualification by coursework or research.
- Victoria University has campuses in the heart of the city of Melbourne as well as in the western suburbs of the city. There is also a campus in the central area of Sydney.
The reasons to choose the Victoria University, Melbourne
- There are many student-run clubs, including football, cheerleading, music, international cultural groups and many more. There are also several sports teams for students and an aquatic centre, sports courts and athletics track and gyms with personal trainers and group fitness classes.
- There are also several different events, exhibitions, and seminars that celebrate the diverse student community at the university. Some of the week-long celebrations include sustainable living week, pride week, law week and refugee week.
- Other opportunities available to students include studying overseas, writing for one of the five student publications, volunteering or taking part in internships.
Let’s explore the campus!
- Footscray Park Campus – on Ballarat Road, Footscray is the university’s main campus and administrative centre. It offers higher education courses primarily in engineering, education and sport-related disciplines.
- St Albans Campus – on McKecknie Street, St Albans, is the university’s health and education hub, focusing on psychology, nursing, arts, and paramedic and biomedical sciences.
- Footscray Nicholson Campus – is in central Footscray, on the corner of Nicholson and Buckley Streets.
- City Flinders and City Flinders Lane – Situated in two buildings at 300 Flinders Street and 301 Flinders Lane in central Melbourne.
- City King – The City King Campus is located in a high-rise building close to Southern Cross station. It provides health and beauty courses and includes a hair and beauty salon open to the public.
- Werribee – The 16-hectare (40-acre) Werribee Campus is located in the Werribee agricultural research and tertiary education precinct. It offers trades training as well as facilities for water, food and fire safety research.
- Sydney – Victoria University delivers several business courses for international students at its campus in central Sydney, which operates in partnership with the Education Centre of Australia (ECA).
- Whitten Oval – In late 2010, VU opened an A$8 million Sport and Recreation Learning Centre in partnership with the Western Bulldogs at the Whitten Oval in West Footscray
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more