Ontario Tech University
A modern, forward-thinking university, Ontario Tech advances the discovery and application of knowledge to accelerate economic growth, regional development and social innovation. We inspire and equip our students and our graduates to make a positive impact in a tech-focused world. We believe it’s not only about developing the next tech breakthrough. Understanding and integrating the social and ethical implications of technology are our key differentiators.
We adapt to the ever-changing educational landscape by experimenting with the most effective ways to deliver flexible and dynamic learning, giving more choices to more people. By offering a range of credentials and experiential learning opportunities, and sparking entrepreneurship activities, we provide learner-centred educational options.
In addition to excellence in teaching, we offer our students experiential learning opportunities through internships, co-ops, practicums, research projects and more. In fact, 85 percent of upper-year undergraduate students participate in experiential learning.
We collaborate with industry, community, government and academic organizations, bringing them together with our researchers and students to uncover innovative solutions for our partners’ most pressing problems. As a home to more than 80 specialized research laboratories and facilities, we’re committed to attracting passionate and capable scholars to our high-tech campus.
At a glance
- #1 Undergraduate university in Ontario for reputation
- #1 Library in Canada for an Undergraduate university
- #1 Undergraduate University in Canada for Social Sciences and Humanities Grants
- #1 Undergraduate University in Ontario for Medical Science Grants
- #3 Undergraduate University in Canada for total research dollars
- #9 Engineering programs in Canada and #231 globally in the US News and World Report
- Our Engineering programs are ranked in the top 300 globally and Computer Science is top 500 in the Shanghai Rankings.
- Within six months of graduation:
– 85% of graduates are employed. Of the 85%, 77% are employed within their field.
– 28% earn more than $50,000 annually—which is above the Ontario average.
Location: 2000 Simcoe Street North Oshawa, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada