Western University Canada
Western University Canada, founded in 1878, we deliver ‘The Western Experience’, an exemplary learning experience that engages the best and brightest people challenging them to meet ever-higher standards in the classroom and beyond.
We inform every dimension of a student – intellectual, social, cultural as well as physical. From our home in London, Ont., Canada, outward across every continent, Western prepares future leaders to succeed.
Considered Canada’s most beautiful university, Western’s main campus spans 481.2 hectares of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern, LEED-certified structures that provide an idyllic environment for our community of scholars.
The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 383,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
At a glance
- Beginning September 2021, the Western International Admissions Scholarship Program will be available. More details here
- Ranked among the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide
- 40,000 students, including more than 5,800 international students from 128 countries
- One of the highest national entrance averages of first-year students at 90.6%
- First to second year retention rate of 93.6%—one of the highest in Canada
- 12 faculties, including the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as well professional programs in Medicine, Business, Law and Engineering
- Flexibility and choice with over 400 undergraduate modules comprised of majors, minors, specialisations and honours programs
- 95.2% employment rate after graduation
- More than 325,000 alumni in 150 countries worldwide.
Location – 1151 Richmond Street, London, Ontario, Canada.