Liverpool John Moores University
Why choose Liverpool John Moores University?
Liverpool John Moores University was founded in 1823 and has been teaching students for almost 200 years. Degrees at Liverpool John Moores University are founded on high-quality teaching and extensive links with employers, entrepreneurs and business leaders.
As a student at LJMU, you will benefit from expert teaching in top teaching and learning facilities. You will also enjoy an active and varied student life, where you can join many clubs, societies and sports teams.
- State-of-the-art science, technology and engineering laboratories
- A forensic scene-of-crime lab
- A 360° ship simulator
- A mock courtroom
- Clinical practice suites
- Broadcast-quality TV and radio studios
- Award-winning libraries
The best possible preparation for university success
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) International Study Centre offers a range of specialist programmes to prepare you for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at LJMU. Take the first step on your route to a successful career.
The International Study Centre helps students attain academic knowledge, English language, and study skills essential for smooth progression into a wide range of degrees at LJMU. The Centre is located close to key university facilities, with Liverpool’s vibrant city centre just five minutes walk away.
International Study Centre programmes:
- Extended International Foundation Year
- Extended International Year One
- International Foundation Year
- International Year One
- Pre-Masters Programme
- English for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
- 93% of graduates in employment or further education within six months of graduating (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2016/2017)
- 96% of research rated as internationally important (REF 2014)
Location – exchange station, Liverpool L2 2QP UK
- The International Study Centre is in the heart of Liverpool. It’s the perfect location to get the most out of your course while also enjoying student life.
“It would have been very hard if I hadn’t gone to the International Study Centre because back home we have a different education system. Going to the University without that course would’ve been complicated. It was helpful to get used to the system, the teaching methods and the culture itself. The teaching style is similar in the International Study Centre and the University, so it was good preparation. We used libraries and other facilities at LJMU during the English language course, so when I started my degree, I already knew where to go, where to get the books and how to use the facilities.” – Magomed from Chechnya
English for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies Progressed to BEng Computer Technology, then MSc Microelectronic System Design. Now pursuing a PhD.
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more