James Cook University
Why James Cook University?
- The second oldest university in Queensland, JCU is a teaching and research institution. Home to nearly 20,000 students, JCU offers internationally renowned teaching and research excellence that makes a difference. We boast an impressive calibre of teaching and research staff passionate about passing their expertise on to the next generation.
- Our career-focused courses are designed to prepare graduates for the workforce by experiencing real-life scenarios while learning from leading industry professionals. As a result, JCU students graduate job-ready, equipped with the practical skills and confidence required to face future challenges.
State-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- JCU campuses are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to allow optimal learning experiences. Our cutting-edge lecture theatres and our small tutorial sizes are designed to encourage collaborative learning and problem-solving. JCU’s external study options offer flexibility for students who want to complete courses at their own pace or from a distance.
- JCU is continually making ground-breaking advances in research through our award-winning research centres and institutes. These include:
- The Science Place, our stunning teaching and research facility that was awarded a prestigious LEED Gold rating for its environmentally sustainable design
- The Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine (AITHM)
- JCU’s Dentistry teaching facilities and dental clinic
- The Australian Tropical Science and Innovation Precinct.
- JCU also offers access to learning and study spaces equipped with the latest technology, comprehensive libraries both on-campus and online and multiple sporting facilities.
Hands-on learning in some of the most interesting locations on Earth
- JCU’s unique campus locations mean that students can complete practical experience in some of the most interesting places on Earth. Our Cairns and Townsville campuses are surrounded by the spectacular ecosystems of the wet tropics, the savannahs and the Great Barrier Reef.
- Students can undertake professional placements in regional, rural and remote areas, or even overseas. There is also the opportunity to complete a placement or research project at JCU’s field stations. These include:
- Fletcherview Research Station – a working cattle station in the iconic Queensland outback
- Orpheus Island – a secluded island on the Great Barrier Reef that is home to the most diverse and beautiful marine, estuarine and terrestrial ecosystems in the world
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory, where students can explore the World Heritage-listed Daintree Forest, the largest continuous area of tropical rainforest in Australia.
- JCU aims to equip and enable students to achieve their greatest potential. As a result, our graduates are continuously championing their fields of work to create a brighter future.
- JCU’s staff and students research the following areas: environmental science and management, fisheries sciences, geochemistry, geology, evolutionary biology, plant biology, zoology, tourism, inorganic chemistry, oceanography, physical geography and environmental geoscience, biochemistry and cell biology, genetics, materials engineering, immunology, neurosciences, nursing, specialist studies in education, anthropology, human geography, linguistics and historical studies.
Geographical Features and Research
- Australian campuses in Cairns and Townsville – the world’s most spectacular environments: the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the rainforests of the Wet Tropics, the savannahs of Cape York Peninsula and the deserts of the arid outback.
- From historical shipwrecks to Indigenous sites and reef flats to mangroves, Orpheus Island is your gateway to the region. Experience a range of different habitats, including fringing and mid-shelf reefs, intertidal, forests and grass plains.
- Research Station: https://www.jcu.edu.au/orpheus-island
- Degree only (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
- English + Degree Program
- English + Foundation + Diploma + Year 2 Bachelor
- JCU Cairns – Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield, Austalia
- JCU Townsville – Bebegu Yumba campus, Douglas, Australia
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more