University of New South Wales
Why choose University of New South Wales?
1. Our Global Alumni Network
Our alumni community is over 300,000 strong. Our graduates work for global leaders like Google, Penguin, Ernst & Young, PayPal, Rio Tinto, HSBC, NASA and Oxfam. They also go on to found groundbreaking start-ups. So when you join UNSW, our network becomes your network.
2. Research for a Better Future
UNSW’s research community is one of the largest in Australia – it’s made up of people ready to take action and change the world. We are an acknowledged world leader in photovoltaics (solar energy), HIV/AIDS research and quantum computing, and we have an international reputation in many other fields.
3. Culture of Innovation
UNSW’s Michael Crouch Innovation Centre (MCIC) is our innovation hub. It’s a space where students from all faculties can design, experiment and get hands-on experience. Through guidance from visionaries and corporate partners facilitated by the UNSW Innovations team, this is where our students turn their ideas into commercial reality.
4. Connected Globally
We’re connected to over 200 partner universities in 39 countries. Our network creates a global learning environment and a diverse on-campus community. We’re a member of the Group of Eight (Go8) in Australia, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), Universitas 21 (U21), and were the only Australian university selected to join the Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech).
Explore Our Campus
At UNSW Sydney, we acknowledge that our students come from diverse cultural backgrounds. Therefore, we have several facilities for different students who have different needs. For example, cafeteria, childcare centre, medical, health and counselling centre, a religious centre, etc. So let’s come and explore.
At a Glance
- UNSW Sydney is one of Australia’s leading universities – we’ve been at the forefront of innovation, research and teaching since 1949. We’re made strong by our diverse community, which includes more than 64,000 students from over 130 countries, world-leading academics, and globally successful alumni.
- We’re committed to pioneering research, and we believe in the power of hands-on experience, preparing our students to lead positive change and succeed in the workplaces of the future.
- That’s why Australia’s top employers prefer graduates from UNSW over any other university.
- Art & Design
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Built Environment
- Business School
- UNSW Canberra at ADFA
High St, Kensington, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2052, Australia