Western Sydney University
Why the Western Sydney University?
At a glance
- Western Sydney University, formerly the University of Western Sydney, is an Australian multi-campus university in the Greater Western region of Sydney, Australia. The university in its current form was founded in 1989 as a federated network university with an amalgamation between the Nepean College of Advanced Education and the Hawkesbury Agricultural College.
- The Macarthur Institute of Higher Education was incorporated in the university in 1989. In 2001, the University of Western Sydney was restructured as a single multi-campus university rather than as a federation. In 2015, the university underwent a rebranding, resulting in a change in name from the University of Western Sydney to Western Sydney University. It provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher research degrees with campuses in Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Parramatta, and Penrith.
The reasons to choose the Western Sydney University
Our research has had a global impact
Please get involved in world-leading research that is changing lives in the communities we serve and around the globe. We’re ranked well-above world standards (Excellence in Research for Australia) ERA 2018 in:
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cultural Studies
- Ecological Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Evolutionary Biology
- Forestry Sciences
- Oncology and Carcinogenesis
- Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Plant Biology
- Soil Sciences
- Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
Let’s explore the campus!
- School of Health
- School of Science
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Psychology
- School of the Built Environment, Architecture and Industrial Design
- School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Engineering
- Bankstown, Building 1: The Bankstown Campus, which opened in 1989, is located at Milperra, about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from the Bankstown CBD. Specialising in the social sciences, most of the students on campus are psychology, sociology, arts, linguistics, and education students. The campus also hosts the Bachelor of Policing degree and much of The MARCS Institute. The campus also includes a modern cafeteria/eatery area as well as Oliver brown.
- Campbelltown, Building 5: The Campbelltown Campus is located in the semi-rural Macarthur region in South Western Sydney. Together with the Bankstown campus, the Campbelltown campus was originally part of the Macarthur Institute of Higher Education, founded in 1984. The campus offers degrees (among many others) in medicine, health, sciences, nursing, law and business. Research centres are also located on the campus.
- Hawkesbury, Building K4: The Hawkesbury campus, also known as the Richmond campus, is located on a 1,300-hectare site in the Hawkesbury Valley in north-western Sydney, next to the town of Richmond. Courses are offered in environmental health, forensic science, nursing, medical science, natural science (environmental, agricultural, horticultural), secondary school science teaching. Hawkesbury campus facilities include research labs, farmland, aquacultural (not operational) and equine facilities, residential halls and cottages, a conference centre, religious centres, a campus social hub called Stable Square, featuring cafeterias, a bar (not operational), a music room and a large collection of Hawkesbury Agricultural College memorabilia.
- Liverpool, Ground Floor
- Nirimba, Building U8
- Parramatta, Building EJa
- Parramatta City, Level 1: The University has announced a new campus in the Parramatta CBD as an extension of its existing Parramatta Campus in 2014. The Parramatta City Campus (1PSQ) is located at 169 Macquarie Street and 100 George Street, Parramatta NSW, 2150. This will see some of its postgraduate courses relocate there, particularly in business (Sydney Graduate School of Management), the social sciences and humanities
- Penrith(Kingswood), Building K: The Penrith Campuses are three areas in two Sydney suburbs; Kingswood, Werrington South and Werrington North.
- Sydney Olympic Park, Level 4
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more