University of Tasmania
Why the University of Tasmania?
At a glance
- The University of Tasmania was founded 125 years ago, making it Australia’s fourth oldest university. UTAS has strong links with universities, research institutes and industries across the globe. In 2012, UTAS research was ranked well above world-standard (Excellence in Research for Australia) in the following research fields: clinical sciences; analytical chemistry; geology; oceanography; ecology; evolutionary biology; plant biology; forestry sciences; agriculture; and land and farm management.
- The University of Tasmania (UTAS) is a public research university located in Tasmania, Australia. Founded in 1890, it is Australia’s fourth oldest university. Christ College, one of the university’s residential colleges, first proposed in 1840 in Lieutenant-Governor Sir John Franklin’s Legislative Council, was modelled on the Oxford and Cambridge colleges and was founded in 1846, making it the oldest tertiary institution in the country. The university is a sandstone university, a member of the International Association of Commonwealth Universities, and the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning.
The reasons to choose the University of
- Outstanding courses and experiences: Our courses offer real-life learning and close industry connections. In the natural and social sciences, our whole island is your campus. And in the arts, our students find themselves at the heart of a creative revolution. We also never forget our fascinating history and always honour our indigenous heritage.
Our whole island is your campus: When you’re in one of the world’s most amazing places, you need to get outside, explore and live while you learn. That’s why our courses allow you to explore nature and access adventure while you study. Fieldwork and hands-on learning will take you all over our incredible island.
A great student lifestyle: Tasmania offers a living experience unlike any other. Here, you can go from the world’s wildest art festivals to world heritage wilderness – all within a day. Our campuses put you in the heart of our bustling cities and amongst a creative, diverse and welcoming community.
Let’s explore the campus!
Pathways to the University of Tasmania
University of Tasmania International Pathway College delivers a range of bridging programs to enable international students to transition into an undergraduate degree from their home country. The International Pathway College is based at the Sandy Bay campus in Hobart.
Programs are available in three categories:
- Foundation Studies programs enable international students to gain direct entry to a University of Tasmania undergraduate degree.
- First Year Diplomas enable international students to enter the second year of their chosen undergraduate degree directly.
- The Pre-Masters program enables international students to enter a postgraduate degree program at the Tasmanian School of Business & Economics.
- Physical sciences
Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
Mathematics & Statistics
Physics & Astronomy
- Engineering & technology
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Social sciences
Communication & Media Studies
Politics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)
- Business & economics
Economics & Econometrics
Business & Management
Accounting & Finance
- Life sciences
Agriculture & Forestry
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
Medicine & Dentistry
- Arts & humanities
History, Philosophy & Theology
Languages, Literature & Linguistics
Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Computer science
- Hobart: Hobart is a perfect slice of urban living on the edge of pristine wilderness. Study in the heart of the city, on the harbour, and by the beach.
- Launceston: Launceston is a vibrant city with a welcoming, small-town feel. Our campuses offer hands-on learning in creative and collaborative environments.
因應智慧城市趨勢發展, 全球關注的淨零減碳工作刻不容緩, 互聯網將科技緊緊聯繫著我們, 跨洋過海, 即將到來的2023台北高雄「智慧城市展」吸引國際智慧城市前來參訪, 台灣是科技島, 世界正在看台灣。我們特別邀請澳洲昆士蘭商務局Trade & Investment Queensland, 於2023年3月27日, 參與【昆士蘭之夜】與台灣能源、關鍵材料及農業科技GTI們一同切磋及用餐, 引領盼望, 交流連結! 此次昆士蘭之夜我們很榮幸邀請到Bundaberg市長 John Dempsey, Scenic Rim市長 Gregory Christensen, Gladstone市長 Matt Burnett, 及Redlands副市長 Julie Talty一起共進晚宴…more